Photobucket

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Home Is Where The Heart Is
Available Now!

Robin

Robin
Available now!

Goldie

Goldie
Available now!
Photobucket

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Feeling inspired....and it's a good thing.

Hi all!!

I hope you are all well and having a great week! I have been having so much fun creating with all of the new lines my LSS has gotten in over the last few weeks. I have several pages to prove this..haha.

The weather in Bend has been so beautiful over the last few weeks. My parents held their first BBQ of the season. We played badminton and had a blast. It was so nice to get outside and just goof around :)

I have also made a really difficult decision over the last couple of weeks. I have decided that I want to get back to scrapping for fun and for ME.


So....I've stepped down from ALL of my design team spots and teaching at my LSS. While, I really loved being a part of the teams I was on and teaching, I just need a break from any sort of obligations and requirements. I wanted to be *free* again to scrap when I want and what I want....submit if I choose, upload to galleries if I desire........like I started out doing before the DT bug bit me and I lost myself in why I love this hobby in the first place.

So.....it was time. And you know what?

I've never felt so inspired to be free to create as I please.

It's like a breath of fresh air. I am not thinking...oooh!... I need to get this-and-this done, instructions written up for this, oh, I almost forgot I have "this" and "this" to get to "so and so"....or staying up late just to finish up a deadline.

And now I think to myself...... Why was I doing this? What for? What was in it for me? Other than all of the pretty things I got to play with for free. I don't mean to sound bratty AT ALL with this statement, I just have to be REAL and HONEST about it all.

Before I say too much more, I'll 'open my mouth and insert my foot' (blush a bit) and just post some dang layouts...hahaa.

Well, enjoy your day!
Much love,






18 Want to leave me a comment?:

Leslie Ashe said...

Hi Tessa Ann!! YOU are so inspiring!! I just read your post and I'm thinking to myself..."I SO admire her!!" You're being true to YOU and I LOVE that. :) I wanna be YOU when I grow up!! Love your layouts, you always have such killer creations and you inspire me like you don't even know! :) Sending you big hugs today!
~Leslie

Bethany E. said...

Hey girl...I totally understand your decision and it sounds much better for you! It feel so good to just create for ourselves, doesn't it!?

Those pages are so awesome! Keep up the good work...I love coming here to see what you've done. And I love hearing about Bend because my husband and I have been contemplating moving there when he's finished with Pharmacy school. Have a great day!

Bethany

casey boyd said...

Good for you Tessa!
Sounds like quite the relief and will be the best things for you. And I'm sure the rest of us will get to enjoy your creations more often.

Ania said...

Huge hugs :) I was really looking forward to get to know you better, but I understand this is good for you - wish all the best for you and will stop by your blog now and then :) Love your layouts - esp the two first ones were my faves :) Have a nice Easter!!

Alycia Sanders said...

Wowzers, dang good layouts is an understatement! That one of you and Steve is GORGEOUS!

Good for you for being true to yourself! I'm looking forward to seeing more new things more often!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tessa Ann
How are you chicky?
Those layouts are just AWESOME!! I LOVE that first one of you and Steve!!
Good on you for taking the step back you need to re-start enjoying this craft again! I too understand what you mean...always something you are creating for...I cannot remember the last time i scrapped for me!
Take care and enjoy creating!! If you do get the DT bug again, let me know...lol
Chat soon
Ali x x

Kim Faucher said...

wow, just when I think you did your best work, you post something new! LOVE these layouts so much... making me want to go in and scrap!!!
Thanks for the wonderful inspiration with your words too!
Kim Faucher

Christine Traversa said...

Hi, Tessa Ann! I had to pop my head out of retirement to congratulate you on your sb cover!

I just read your latest blog entry, and I can totally, 100% relate to what you are feeling!

Anyways, just wanted to say "congrats!", and "hi" and "i am thinking of you"...

Take care,

Christine Traversa

All That Chit Chat said...

Good for you. Enjoy your retirement!

Morgan said...

Tessa, while I'm sad that we don't get to work with you at CA anymore I completely understand where you're coming from. Your creations are beautiful, your new found inspiration really shows! Keep up the good work and remember, have fun, that's what it's all about!

Anonymous said...

I sooo feel you on all the obligations. I too am taking a step back. I'm not even submitting right now ... just creating for the fun of it and sharing them with my friends.

Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad that you are INSPIRED cuz now I am inspired!! I am also glad that you decided to do it for yourself, that is what's it's all about. Although I miss you in Tinkering Ink :( :( But alas I am so glad that you did what was in your GUT instinct to do, so important! Keep uploading your pages, I love your stuff sooo much! TC
Pam

Hooliganmama said...

Tessa~
Good for you! It's always better to be true to who we are than to who people want us to be!!! I am proud of you! Are you still working at the LSS?? I need to get in there and see you. We are in the middle of a big move and I haven't had time to scrap. As soon as we are settled....I gotta get going on it! ~Rachelle

Michelle StClair said...

OH Tessa. I am so glad I had the chance to meet you in California!!!! Your scrapping so makes me smile! Looking forward to seeing lots and lots of goodness from you.

Lucy Edson said...

Tessa, I have been following your work for a while now on twopeas & you are such an inspiration. Thanks for sharing about your struggles to be true to yourself. It seems like anytime something you love becomes a job it is still something you love but it's a job. If that makes any sense. Enjoy your time & we will enjoy your creations. :)

Scrapdragons said...

Love love love your layouts!
I can totally understand your decision.

have fun creating for you!

~Laura

Tracey said...

Hey there Tessa,
Good for you taking steps to just " scrap" for yourself, I must admit I prefer to just scrap for myself instead of a DT ... I look forward to seeing " your work"

Suzanne said...

I just discovered your blog and it is so full of lushness and inspiration I've definitely bookmarked you to my list of 'inspiring scrappers'.

Post a Comment