Photobucket

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Home Is Where The Heart Is
Available Now!

Robin

Robin
Available now!

Goldie

Goldie
Available now!
Photobucket

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Scrapbooking a little more lately.....

Today is one of those overcast-chilly days I love. I love sipping tea inside while listening to my ipod creating. Today is Thursday and is my day to work on new stuff for my Etsy shop or fill custom orders.

I love days like this...

In my view sitting here I see from a far, about 100 yards away, is a giant blow-up snow globe with an adorable winter scene rotating along with the globe. {he he...}
It spins round-and-round all day. Though considered by many "tacky," it still puts a smile on my face and makes me feel a little more festive.

Steve and I have been walk/jogging each night after work and it has been so pretty to go by homes all decked-out in their lights and decor. I loved looking at all the beautiful wreathes and the tree's peeking from their windows.

So pretty.

I have a scrapbook page to share that I created in the summer, I think. It was my last assignment with Scrapbooking & Beyond Magazine this year for Liz Qualman's sketch article. I created a layout each season and issue and my layout was based on her sketch. That was always a fun assignment and I loved working around Liz's sketches. She includes a lot of detail in her sketches and each one is so completely different from the next. She's amazing.



I had some photos that I consider "good" that we took a few years back that had never been published before, so I thought they would be perfect. I chose my favorite holiday color scheme of Red and Aqua , which perfectly accentuated our black and white photos very well. I enhanced the chipboard MOD snow flakes with glitter (a light layer of Stickles) and added rhinestones around the flakes. It looks so sparkly and pretty in person :)









And lastly, here is a card I created for one of Steve's co-workers. I really loved this one, so it was hard to part with it ;)
Happy holidays everyone!!
-Tessa Ann

3 Want to leave me a comment?:

Jaime Lynne said...

Beautiful, fabulous work. Taking a break has certainly not cramped your style!

CalleLillyCafe said...

I love the card & red/aqua combo!

Paula Clare said...

OH MY GOODNESS! How completely and utterly gorgeous (both the layout and the subjects) :-)

I am a total red/aqua freak so your winter layout is the best, most original I've seen over the holiday! I wish I'd have discovered you sooner! Adorable!

Post a Comment