Photobucket

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Home Is Where The Heart Is
Available Now!

Robin

Robin
Available now!

Goldie

Goldie
Available now!
Photobucket

Sunday, January 11, 2009

"Sex In The City" Inspired Buttons and a Christmas Layout using my Tessa Ann Etsy Line

Today I had the itch to sit down and create a scrapbook page. I had such a wonderful time on Christmas and got quite a few good pics that I was inspired to make something.

I ended up using mostly goodies from my Etsy shop. As you can see the frame surrounding the 3 photos is my "whimsy" frame, as well as the peppermint candy embellishment and the snowflake embellishments. I've been spending so much time making these little embellishments that I have not sat down and actually played with my own goodies. So today I did it.

I am really loving using texture on my pages. I used a lot of 3D dots, along with white ink to distress the black scallops. As you can see I doubled the scallops and the top layer is adhered to the bottom layer with a 3-D dot. The background paper is something I've had in my stash for years. It is a champagne foil that is embossed. I used some light grade sandpaper and sanded all around the background to create a softer feel.

I have this frame and these embellishments available in my shop if you would like to give them a whirl!





I also played a bit today with my clay to try out some new button designs. I've had this idea of doing a city-scape/Sex In The City style button with sky rise buildings and martini glasses. Well, here is what I came up with. I am in absolute love with them. It's going to be hard to part with them. I'm working on some other really cool unique designs that I'll post next blog post. Think shoes....and cute ones.






















I hope everyone had a great weekend!
Tessa Ann

5 Want to leave me a comment?:

Babydoll said...

I love that little frame. I've been eyeing those in your shop for quite some time now. ;) Cute new buttons too!

Breanne Crawford said...

LOVING that page!! and those buttons are awesome, of course!

phamil said...

OMG, Tessa, how do you do such tedious work?!?!? I'd go blind! LOL! These embellies are darling!!! And your page it totally gorgeous! The pics mix so well with the candy cane colors of your yummy embellies!!! Love this!

Dalayney's Doodles said...

Adorable buttons!

Anonymous said...

I *HEART* that frame, must shop when a get a free moment !!

Post a Comment