Photobucket

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Home Is Where The Heart Is
Available Now!

Robin

Robin
Available now!

Goldie

Goldie
Available now!
Photobucket

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Today is the last edition to our  limited edition "Garden Friends" miniature button collectors series. (whew, yes that's a mouthful to say and to type!)  Creating this series has been a fun new way to stretch our creativity and share a little bit of "cute" with people all over the world. We were amazed to sell out 2 of them the 1st day we listed them, the feedback has been wonderful.

Meet our last Garden Friend, "Verdie"  A little smiling green caterpillar resting happily on a red and white toadstool. This little guy is structured on a 1" sized button and stands 1.5" tall.  Perfectly adorable :)

{Verdie will be available 7/6/10 at 12 pm PST at The Button Shop. Only 5 will be sold}


We have been receiving several custom cake topper requests this month! Currently we are working on a birthday cake topper for a 3 year old boy in a pirate theme. The palm tree has been created, as well as most of the treasure chest. It's filled to the brim with silver goblets, pearls, ruby's and diamonds. There will be a little pirate boy and a map and tons of other great pirate things. We also are working on a beautiful humming bird topper and a butterfly topper.  I sketch out my designs most of the time if I need to get a visual and want to be sure that me and the customer are on the same page. Remember, these are just sketches..lol.  Admittedly I am not the best and drawing ;-)

My sister's wedding is just around the corner in October and as a surprise I created a cake topper just to *show* her. No expectations. But, I did create each detail inspired by my sisters wedding down to the bird cadge veil Well, she flipped and wanted it.  She loved it and it is now hers  and I am so proud it's going to be on her beautiful cake. Her cake is going to be 3-tiers and a stunner... one of those fancy cakes you see on the Cake Boss. I am tickled pink that my little topper will reign on top ;-D


I hand sewed a tiny bird cadge veil with 3 tiny pearls. I hand sculpted the top hat and then created the cute little glasses out of wire.

The dress was given a pearl pigment and the roses were created in a deep red with a light dusting of pearl over the top to create a vintage look.

A Chantilly lace pattern was used for the back of the wedding dress. Tiny pearls button down the back of the train.

I am going to be offering a version of these in the shop that will be fully customizable in color size, detail, flowers, glasses/no glasses, top hat, kippah, or even a cowboy hat....tux tails, suit....Every detail down to the shoes and eye color can be customized. I have a few more styles in the works, so stay tuned!

Many more button styles are in the works also!  Have a great Tuesday!!

3 Want to leave me a comment?:

MamiGirlBoutique said...

Hey hon, ever make character cake toppers for wee one's birthday parties?!? ;) I would LOVE to see a KaiLan Cake Topper! ;)

Melissa said...

These are absolutely adorable! The details are just so breath taking.

Oh and my son loves pirates too, lol :)

Darlene S. said...

This is THE cutest cake topper EVER! I am in love with this idea and I just adore all the beautiful details you included! :D

Post a Comment